
Today we got up and went to church. After church we came home and I played LEGOs with my cousins.
My Aunt decided to take me and my brother to Philosopher's Way. Philosopher's Way is an area that overlooks the town of Heidelberg, the castle we went to, and a mountain.
We walked up a cobble stone walkway to get up to the lookout area. There was some pretty flowers and somebody's door that lived on the mountain that was spray painted neon colors.
The walk was pretty steep and wet. My Aunt brought umbrellas because it was going to rain. I grabbed the first one that happened to be the best one because it didn't cave in when it was windy.

My brother picked the next best one that didn't cave in as often.
My Aunt grabbed the wimpiest one that caved in no matter what. At the top my brother decided to pull his pants up really high which was funny.After going up the mountain we went back to the Hauptstrasse which we had to go over an old bridge to get to.
In one of my picture you will see me putting my head in a monkey's head... well, trying to I was a little too short. This is for good luck. The monkey is called The Brass Monkey.Next, we went to get some eis (ice cream) and then headed home.
As I'm typing my Aunt asked my cousin Grace who loves her and her response was "men".
Love the pictures, looks like you had quite a day walking, hiking up and down hill. Especially love the mimes, they can be so entertaining just by doing nothing in costume. Talk to you soon. Love you Grandma and Papa
ReplyDeleteWow it sure seems like you are having a wonderful time in Germany. I finally got around to reading The Boy in the Striped Pajamas! I now know why you liked it so much...
ReplyDeleteEllen,
ReplyDeleteIt looks like you guys had a terrific day. The pictures are absolutely beautiful. Aunt Sue took so really nice ones of you and Matthew. Keep on enjoying yourself. Life is Good!!
Love
Mom
Hi Ellen and Matthew, Well Ellen better Matthew's pants went up higher, than down. It looks like you are getting to see some pretty cool sites. You have a pretty neat Aunt Sue! You sure are eating a lot of ice cream! I am jealous :) You are doing a great job on your blog. Any more adventures in German eating? Take care friends!
ReplyDeleteEllen, You and your brother are having the time of your lives. Enjoy every minute with your family, this is definitely a chance of a lifetime. May you be blessed with another beautiful day.
ReplyDeleteLove, Barb xoxo
Hi Ellen
ReplyDeleteI loved the pictures at Luisenpark. You are so lucky to experience so many things there. Today I went to Chinatown in Chicago. Guess what I bought? It begins with the letter B! Mrs. Stevenson