On Thursday we left to go to Salzberg, Austria. It was a beautiful town with a fortress that we went up to. While we were there we saw some places that were shown in the Sound of Music. Also, while we were there, there was a main shopping street with a lot of shops that we went on. There was a cool Museum that we went went in to with lots of snakes, space stuff, and some other neat things.
On Saturday, we left to go to Garmisch were we are now. On the way to Garmisch we stopped to look at the Eagle's Nest. The Eagle's Nest was really amazing and beautiful because of how far it was up in the mountains. We ate lunch up in a restaurant in the Eagle's Nest.
Today I got up and went to Dachau with my Uncle Don and my brother. Dachau was a concentration camp. It is only an hour away from our hotel. It was very intense and really sad. Dachau was the first concentration camp. The rest of the concentration camps looked up to this one and got the ideas from there. After, the concentration camp we came back to the hotel to go on a nature walk through the mountains.
I will post pictures later.
Ellen, so far your trip sounds so amazing. I wish I could be there to visit all the same places that you are seeing. To see where they filmed "The Sound of Music" would be awesome. That movie was always a favorite one. You are so, so lucky! Now for the concentration camp, that would be really sad to see.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your trip!!
Love, Barb xoxox
Hi Ellerbee, we just got home from Wisconsin and we had a great show to boot. Talk about luck. Well anyways I've missed talking to you and Matthew and am looking forward to your getting back to Heidelberg. Sounds like your seeing some great sights and the background of your picture Aunt Sue took at the Eagles Nest was wonderful. Have fun and will talk to you soon. Love you Grandma.
ReplyDeleteHey Ellen,
ReplyDeleteIt's Rachel. Looking forward to seeing those pictures! Concentration camps seem kinda depressing... Miss you!
Love, Rachel
Ellen,
ReplyDeleteBoy, have you guys been busy. Are you still taking a lot of pictures? I looked at some of Matthew' s on face book. They were beautiful! Keep on taking it all in. You might wwant to save everything, train tickets, passes, menus, and anythiing else you would want to put in a scrapbook. Remember how much I love you.....As big as the sky! LIFE IS GOOD!
Love,
Mom
Hi Ellen, it's Mrs. VanderVelde. Jalayna just got your postcard last week but we were busy with VBS. It took me some time, but I have read all of your blogs and I can tell that you are having an AMAZING time!! I can't wait to catch up with you when you come home! I just "signed up" so I'm sure that Jalayna will be making comments soon. I know that she has been reading your blogs and keeping up with your adventures.
ReplyDeleteHey Ellen, it's Jalayna. It sounds like you are having soooo much fun!!!! Your pictures look AMAZING!! I can't wait for you to tell us all about it when you get back!!!! I miss you sooo much!! You must be having an AWESOME time!!!
ReplyDelete