Saturday, June 11, 2011

An adventure in Heidelberg...


What a busy day!! We got up this morning and got ready for our day. We took the Strassenbahn (or street car) to downtown Heidelberg. We went to the Hauptstrasse which is like an outdoor mall sort of thing but it's just one street. It was wonderful and tons of fun. On the Hauptstrasse we went out to lunch and I got some Mac'n Cheese that was amazing!! We sat outside to eat and every time I looked up there were people staring at us and our food and walking very slowly. It was hilarious!!

After we had lunch we went to go look at some more shops. Next, we went up to the Heidelberg Castle. The castle was amazing and really beautiful!! In the castle we went on a tour and took tons of pictures and just took it all in.

After the castle we came back home to eat some dinner and to have a camp fire and eat some yummy smores.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Ellerbee, Looks like your having a great time. Heidelberg must be a great city with the castle and all there is to see. Your blog is going great and we are really enjoying it, so keep it up for these fans of yours. Love You Grandma and Papa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ellen,
    Thank you for sharing. Those pictures are just beautiful. I am so glad you are doing this blog, it makes me feel like I am right there with you. LIFE IS GOOD!!!! Enjoy.

    Love MOM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh El,
    They were not looking at your food. They were looking at your socks.

    MOM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ellen - Looks like you are having a blast!! Keep the pics coming! ~ Mrs. Worden

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ellen it' Barbie, I am on vacation with your mommy and Mrs Stevenson. Our plane is delayed and we are waiting to take off. I love reading about your travels. I proud of you!! And I love you!! Keep on. Blogging.

    Barbie XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Ellen,
    The castle looks pretty nice! Good deal your having fun! Can't wait to see you! Miss you.
    Love, Rachel

    ReplyDelete