Thursday, August 18, 2011

We Miss You, Ellerbee!

Hello! This is Ellen's Aunt Sue making an entry in her blog. I thought I'd surprise her with an entry from us!   Ellen left Germany a little over two weeks ago now and we started missing her right away. Benjamin reminds me often that I don't have "Ellen's help." Usually, when we're getting in and out of the car and now he tries to help get his little sister buckled up or out when we're getting in and out of the car.  He's imitating some of the help Ellen did while she was here! She really put forth a good example for her little cousins. It's the little things we miss most about Ellerbee or "EB"!
As you can imagine, there were many things we came to adore about Ellen and we just got used to her being part of our everyday routine... so, here's a top 10 list I compiled...

TOP 10 Things We Miss Most About Ellen in Germany
10. Ellen saying, "Samuel, did you REALLY wash your hands? Go wash your hands."
9. Ellen's remarkable ability to empty the silverware compartment of the dishwasher.
8. Ellen spinning Grace around and around until she laughs so hard her belly hurt (this was Grace's, of course). 
7. Samuel and Benjamin truly miss playing on their big cousin's iPod.
6. Ellen heading out the door with the kiddos to get them in the car while I finish gathering whatever it is I gather before we head out the door.
5. Having someone else in the house that knows all the lyrics to the Dora theme song as well as Phineas and Ferb's theme song.... and who belts them out at any old random time throughout the day.
4. Ellen racing Benjamin up to the door to see who can be first whenever we get home.
3. Ellen painting Grace's finger nails and toe nails... ooooo la la.
2. Having someone leave valuable items in our trash can so we can dig them out like pirates on a treasure hunt... only not as fun when it's your garbage can. 
1. The amazing speed Ellen can consume an entire pan of rice crispy treats in (or maybe I just miss having an excuse to make rice crispy treats). 
Thanks for coming to spend your summer with us, Ellen. We were so fortunate to have you here and have the opportunity to get you know you so well. 
We miss you, Ellerbee! And hope you are enjoying the remaining days of your summer at home with your friends and family! 

3 comments:

  1. Ellen and Sue,

    This is a very special post! Thank you for everything you did for Ellen. She will cherish her stay with you for ever. I love the top 10. One of favorites is "Samuel did you really wash your hands." I know someone who sounds like that. Ellen is getting settled back into her routine. School starts on Monday for her. I am sure she can't wait. I know you miss her Sue, But I am glad she is home with us.

    Love to everyone,
    LIFE IS GOOD!
    MOM/Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Video, you could form a duet and become famous. Love you all Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sue, I'm Nancy's friend and I really enjoyed the postings throughout Ellen's trip. This last one you did was wonderful. I really enjoyed the video she made with her cousins....how special that was. Thank you for making it possible for me to take this trip with Ellen this summer. I think so much of Ellen. What a way to conclude her blog. Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete